With horseradish, caramelized onions
and sautéed butter
7–8 pieces of crisp bread
1 dl tomato sauce
75 g warm-smoked salmon
1 small yellow onion
1 pinch of sugar
60 g buffalo mozzarella
1 dl cheese, coarsely shredded, e.g. Grana Padano
Rind from 1/2 lemon
1 1/2 tbsp sauted butter
Newly shredded horseradish
Flake salt and newly grinded black pepper
1. Heat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
2. Shred the onion and fry it until it is soft in a frying pan with butter, sugar and some salt. It must not burn, but caramelize.
3. Spread the tomato sauce on top of the crisp breads.
4. Top with onion and salmon in pieces, salt and pepper.
5. Cut the mozzarella into pieces and top the pizza slices with the mozzarella and the shredded cheese.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
7. Top the freshly baked pizza slices with dill, horseradish and lemon zest.
8. Finish of by drizzling the sautéed butter on top. Serve immediately.
Melt the butter in a casserole at medium heat. Keep the casserole on the heat until melted and until it starts to get golden brown and smell sweet and nutty. Stir the butter to not burn it. If the butter gets too much color you can remove the casserole from the heat and quickly add some cold butter from the fridge. Let the sautéed butter rest for a while before you use it, to allow potential rest products from the butter to settle at the bottom of the casserole.
NORDIC RYE FORUM
COLLABORATION FOR INNOVATION
AND RESEARCH IN RYE